nafex - Re: [nafex] Re: Pollenizer for Snaps pecan

  • From: lee sharp <sharplr@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Cc: Lee Sharp <NAFEX_SFF@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Re: Pollenizer for Snaps pecan
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 14:33:33 -0800 (PST)

Pecans are(were) grouped into three groups depending
on when the male bloom matured with respect to the
female bloom . Those varieties that both male and
female blooms matured together(at the same time)are in
one group. Those varieties that the female bloom
matures ahead of the male bloom are in a separate
group. And some varieties mature the male bloom ahead
of the female bloom.If you happen to have a variety
where the male and female bloom are mature at a
different time very little if any pollination will
occur.

Richard O'Barr,Ph.D., is a pecan expert. I do not have
an Email for him but his address is:205 Oak Hill
Road,Arab,Al,35016, phone256 753 0919 .

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ACHqaB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM