nafex - Re: [nafex] grafting grape vines

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] grafting grape vines
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 18:50:24 -0800

Grapes don't graft like other fruits - graft them in the spring and they
will likely bleed out the graft. Best method I know is to graft a dormant
one bud scion to a green shoot. If you want the whole story, you can either
1).contact me directly,2). wait until my book comes out in the fall, or 3).
join GrapesRUs, also on Yahoogroups and look in the archives - I've posted
the method at least twice there.
-Lon Rombough
Grapes, writing, consulting, more, plus word on my grape book at
http://www.bunchgrapes.com

----------
>From: Joe Boles <jobo@istar.ca>
>To: "nafex@yahoogroups.com" <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
>Subject: [nafex] grafting grape vines
>Date: Wed, Jan 9, 2002, 6:01 PM
>

>Hello all:
>I have some Valiant grapes I do not care for and would like to change
>them to Himrod and Canadice. I presume the time to cut scion wood is
>now. I would like to know what grafting methods are best for changing a
>grape variety and when is the best time to do the grafting. Also if
>there is any special concerns when grafting grapes.
>I have had good success grafting pears and apples and moderate success
>with plum.
>Any advise would be appreciate.
>
> with thanks, Joe
>
>Joe Boles
>Mississauga, Ontario
>zone 5
>2 miles north of Lake Ontario

>4) Include only pertinent comments/questions when replying to a posting and
>NOT the entire message (especially if the initial posting was large).

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!
Click Here - Only 1 Day Left!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/WoOlbB/7.PDAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM