nafex - Re: [nafex] Re: Joy/Jan/Joel bush cherries

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Re: Joy/Jan/Joel bush cherries
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 13:21:52 -0800

I saw the original bushes at the home of the late Professor E. M. Meader who
bred them. The fruits I had there tasted just like pie cherries. I haven't
had anything actually made from them, though. The biggest of them was about
6 feet tall, with the other two being about 4 to 5 feet tall. Sorry, I
don't remember which was which in size.
-Lon Rombough
----------
>From: "edforest2010" <edforest55@hotmail.com>
>To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [nafex] Re: Joy/Jan/Joel bush cherries
>Date: Mon, Dec 31, 2001, 11:57 AM
>

>Funny I was about to ask if anyone had tasted these fruits. Do they
>make pies that taste like cherry pie? That's the big question for
>me. If you haven't made a pie with them, do you think they would
>make an authenically tasting cherry pie. What DO they taste like
>fresh? Also, could you tell us the size of the three, which one is
>biggest, smallest, in between?
>Much thanks
>Kevin B
>--- In nafex@y..., DocKW@a... wrote:
>> So far, after 4 years, my Jan and Joy bushes have fruited profusely
>and have
>> no sign of black knot on them, This year I have a lot of black knot
>on
>> several plums immediately adjacent to the Jan and Joy plants.
>> IMHO, they might be worth something for pollenation, but the fruit
>is nothing
>> to write home about.
>> Karl Olson,
>> amateur, Zone 5 Connecticut

>4) Include only pertinent comments/questions when replying to a posting and
>NOT the entire message (especially if the initial posting was large).

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!
Click Here - Only 1 Day Left!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/WoOlbB/7.PDAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM