nafex - RE: [nafex] Hard cider

  • From: "Erdman, Jim" <erdmanj@uwstout.edu>
  • To: "'nafex@yahoogroups.com'" <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: RE: [nafex] Hard cider
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 13:10:22 -0600

I have been following the cider discussion erratically, and had a vague
recollection of an article about cider that I had recently read in some kind
of food or wine magazine.
Well, I found it.
http://foodandwine.com/invoke.cfm?objectID=F6EE9F06-B685-11D5-82720002B33099
83&method=display
It is in the Nov 2001 issue of "Food and Wine" magazine, entitled
"Adventures of Cider Man", and is about a New Hampshire ordchard that is
switching to cider varieties and marketing cider rather than apples. The
article refers to the cider varieties of apples as "revolting" and other
less than appealing terms, but it is interesting.
Not sure if this article was mentioned before.

Jim Erdman, Menomonie, WI

http://us.click.yahoo.com/IgTaHA/ZQdDAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM