nafex - Re: [nafex] Re: ultra hardy pears

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Re: ultra hardy pears
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 11:46:05 -0500

Donna,
The only thing I have on Rescue pear is from "The Harrowsmith book of Fruit
Trees" by Jennifer Bennett. It says: "Found growing near Vancouver, rescued
after its owner's death by a nursery and recently released by Washington
State University, this is a reliable annual bearer of early, orange-blushed
fruit, sometimes 6 in long, that is ready to harvest in late August to
early September on the West Coast. The fruit will store until December. The
trees are upright, vigorous and productive. This is Benowitz's first
choice, and he calls it "a showstopper" (Benowitz is the owner of Raintree
Nursery, Morton, Washington)".

I hope this may help you... Unfortunately, I don't remember having seen
something about it in Pomona. And there is nothing there that could let me
suspect it would be a hardy variety.

Claude

http://us.click.yahoo.com/IgTaHA/ZQdDAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM