nafex - Re: [nafex] Re: India visit

  • From: "Dr. Chiranjit Parmar" <parmarch@vsnl.com>
  • To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Re: India visit
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 12:08:08 +0530

Dear Mrs. Kuehn,

I am greatly pleased to learn about your visit to India but also feel sad
that we will not be able to meet.

I am also not able to decipher the airlines code but there is an
international airport at Trivandrum and 5-6 airlines operate from there.

I know Kerala very well as I had been operating there for 3-4 years. I do
not know where they are lodging you Trivandrum but if you have freedom of
choice, then you may go to a hotel Residency Tower. It is in the heart of
city having very good facilities. An air conditioned double bed room will
cost you there 700 or 800 rupees(15-20 US$). There is a special Tourst
Police at the Airport and you can seek their help. You may call the hotel.
The Manager is Mr. Pillai and you may tell him that Dr. Parmar, who comes to
stay at your hotel from Himachal Pradesh, has directed you.

The taxi will charge 1.5 or 2 dollars(at the most).

Kerala is good but not better than Thailand, Maldives or Srilanka. So it
may not be upto your expectations. There is a beach called Kovalam about 7
miles from Trivandrum. It is popular with foreigners but does not compare
even 10 per cent with the beaches of Phuket. There is a long row of seaside
shacks at the Lighthouse beach and they sell very good seafood. It is very
pleasant to spend an evening there

The Ayurvedic treatment is much advertised and I think is more commercial
like the Indian Gurus.

You may try a boat ride in backwaters. This is unique of Kerala only. They
have it at Kollam where you going.

As you will be flying straight to Trivandrum, so no chance of seeing you.
Otherwise, I could have come down to Delhi. Trivandrum is far from Mandi.
The return air fare from my town is the same as Delhi-Bangkok-Delhi fare.
So we go to Trivandrum either on official visits or on some Hindu
pilgrimage.

Best regards,

Please call me if you need any more information.

Dr. Chiranjit Parmar
Horticultural Sales & services
186/3 Jail Road
Mandi HP 175001, INDIA
Phone: +91 1905 22810 Fax: +91 1905 25419
e-mail: parmarch@vsnl.com
Website: www.lesserknownplants.com