nafex - Re: [nafex] orange from seed

  • From: hector black <hblack@TWLakes.Net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] orange from seed
  • Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2001 14:43:38 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: Rooting <rooting@hortus.com>
To: NAFEX <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 08, 2001 3:19 PM
Subject: [nafex] orange from seed

> ===================================
> Hi Joel, As I remember it doesn't take long to sprout the seeds but they
should be kept warm, and best to get seed straight from the fruit. Problem
is the time it takes to get the seedling to bear. Maybe 6-8 yrs. It's much
quicker to bud them from a mature plant onto some other citrus for
rootstock. Trifoliate orange has worked well for me. Hector Black. zone
6 (sunroom in winter)

> Has anyone had success propagating citrus mitus "calamondin orange" from
> seed?
> In warm soil how long does it take for viable seed to germinate?
>
> regards
> Joel

> 4) Include only pertinent comments/questions when replying to a posting
and NOT the entire message (especially if the initial posting was large).

Promise to Quit
Nicotrol will help
http://us.click.yahoo.com/5vN8tD/AqSDAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM