nafex - [nafex] Transplanting an apricot

  • From: "crmauch" <mauch1@aol.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Transplanting an apricot
  • Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 21:17:11 -0000

I had a successful graft of "Tomcot" (thanks Don Yellman) onto
Marianna 2426 rootstock. With the continuing warm weather here on the
east coast, I'm tempted to move it now rather than wait for spring.
(We're also having a drought, It's been about 8 weeks w/out
significant rain w/ the exception of 1" last week.) In your opinion
out there, would it be better to move it this spring (hopefully the
drought will break by then), or move it now, with the possibility
that I may have to tote water to it?

Chris Mauchline
SE PA, zone 6

Break free. Great