nafex - [nafex] Re: summer pruning

  • From: "Mark Lee" <marklee3@onebox.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Re: summer pruning
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 19:59:47 -0000

I don't know why it works better for pears. It just does in my
backyard.

The system works well with peaches. Lorette demonstrated this over
100 years ago. You can read about it in his book that was published
in 1925 in English (Lorette System of Pruning by Louis Lorette). I
borrowed a copy through interlibrary loan. It is an interesting
system that is not used commercially today because it is labor
intensive. For the hobby grower, I think it makes alot of sense.

-Mark Lee, Seattle

Stop Smoking Now
Nicotrol will help
http://us.click.yahoo.com/D0gGED/_pSDAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM