nafex - Re: [nafex] Redflesh apple ID

  • From: "victoria l. caron" <vicaron@gis.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Redflesh apple ID
  • Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2001 15:02:31 +0000

Hélène & Claude,
Do you think your tree could possibly be a standard rootstock from a graft
that failed? Sometimes this can happen and no one notices that the variety
has been lost. Because sometimes standard stock is from open pollinated seed
it could have parentage including a red fleshed crab. I am currently
waiting for a dark purple leaved seedling of 'Hampshire' to fruit hoping for
a red fleshed edible apple that will be at least above small sized.
If you have access to scions of your red fleshed apple, I know of other
people in NAFEX who are interested. Some other year, I would like to compare
it to a red fleshed fruit of about the same size that is growing in my
neighborhood and which I have grafted. ........vic NH zone 3

Claude Jolicoeur wrote:

> Hélène Dessureault and I are seeking help to identify a redflesh apple. I
> have posted pictures of it, with a few descriptive comments at the
> following URL:
> http://www.gmc.ulaval.ca/pers/cjoli/tmp/wakefield.htm
>
> If you prefer that I send the pictures as attached document with an email
> message, please send me a private message.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Claude Jolicoeur, Quebec.

> 4) Include only pertinent comments/questions when replying to a posting and
> NOT the entire message (especially if the initial posting was large).

Cobra Gas Powered Scooter. Top speed exceeds 25 mph.
Originally $599.95.
Now $399.95 at Youcansave.com.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/K11sED/OkNDAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM