nafex - [nafex] Re: Black Walnut Roots

  • From: edforest55@hotmail.com
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Re: Black Walnut Roots
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 19:49:04 -0000

Del,
I skimmed the book for an answer to your question and although there
is a lot of material on soil, about water and oxygen and plant
physiology, it did not explain your questions. I have to say I don't
know what they meant by that and I can see how it seems contradictory.
Kevin B
Oh, as far as root symbiosis, I think that they simply mean that the
persimmon benefits from being next to the walnut, I don't know that
the walnut benefits. The book was saying that the relationship should
be investigated, I don't think there is any science proving that
there is a symbiosis in its literal meaning, could be wrong.

--- In nafex@y..., "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@h...> wrote:
> Root questions, I deleted out non-related material to expose my
> question.....How could the "deep roots drawing up moisture " of one
plant
> possibly help another, does it leak out the sides of the roots and
thus help
> a shallow rooter?
> But the next line mentions "root stress induced" so I'm a bit
confused.
> And "root symbiosis", do they share chemicals or microrganisms or?
> I wonder how all this relates to a choice of grass, forbes, clovers
etc as
> ground cover in an orchard, and they're root depth. Mn. Del
explorer.msn.com/intl.asp

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Gi0tnD/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM