nafex - [nafex] Raspberry Recommendation

  • From: "Christopher Mauchline" <mauch1@aol.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Raspberry Recommendation
  • Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 14:52:43 -0000

2 Springs ago, I planted a fall bearing yellow raspberry "Kiwi
Gold". After this season's performance, I heartily recommend it. I
had received 3 plant only one of which survived. This spring it had
two above ground shoots (which I left), and got a very small summer
crop. But this fall crop has been fantastic! It has been producing
for almost two months. The berries are somewhat smaller and firmer
than Canby thornless (a Spring-bearing red), with excellent flavor.

It does much better than the red fall-bearer I got from a friend. It
just started to ripen a few berries about a week ago. Unfortunately
we had a freeze last night, so I have my doubts whether I'll get
mauch of the remaining crop.

Chris Mauchline
SE PA, zone 6

FREE COLLEGE MONEY