nafex - [nafex] sacrificing taste

  • From: PRishel826@aol.com
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] sacrificing taste
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 10:25:20 EDT

Hi All, I haven't yet read the article to which Betty referred, but I'm
wondering about how many folks sell produce at local Farmer's Markets. The
Los Angeles Times just did an article on that...I'll try to find the
link...mentioning a specific Ventura County farm that now ONLY sells to
Farmer's Markets, prior to which the owner was barely solvent. Los Angeles
County alone supports over 50 weekly Farmer's Markets. Personally that's the
ONLY place I buy fruit that I do not grow myself...except from a few private
growers with whom I directly contract for specialty items, such as Ashmead's
Kernal and Hawkeye Red Delicious apples...I haven't purchased from fruit from
a supermarket in a number of years. Curious in L.A., Patricia Rishel

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Pv4pGD/4m7CAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM