nafex - [nafex] Re: Bailey and Chui-Lum-Tao

  • From: dwoodard@becon.org
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Re: Bailey and Chui-Lum-Tao
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 06:42:34 -0000

For small peaches you don't know what to do with, you might consider
making peach sauce (similar to apple sauce but better) out of them if
it's not too much work.

I used to dip peaches in a boiling water bath to loosen the skins,
peel them, chop them up, cook till soft and mash them with a potato
masher, add 5% bottled lemon juice and 1/8 cup sugar per cup peaches,
and freeze them. You could also can/bottle them.

We're getting close to jam here, and that is also a possibility.

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada

--- In nafex@y..., "Helga and Bert Dunn" <helbert@i...> wrote:

> Hello all
> Above varieties peaches (rootstock) now ripe.
> Cultivars lost to rabbits years ago
>
> What do I do with the peaches?
> Too small to cosider them eating
> Tried wine 2 years ago and not to thrilled with it.
>
> Any other uses? suggestions? (aside from cutting the trees down)
> Thanks Bert
>

> Bert Dunn RR4 Tottenham Ont zone 4b
> www.hardygrapes.tottenham.on.ca
>
> see also http://www.littlefatwino.com/bertslist.html