nafex - [nafex] interim plantings

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] interim plantings
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 13:16:44 +0000

I presume most of you have apples on semi dwarf rootstock, and thus they are
planted fairly close. However, with the bulk of my apples on seedling
(prunifolia) rootstock - when I planted I guessed at a pattern of 15 to 18
feet both directions. It will be some time before the open space sees any
shade. Any suggestions on interim plantings? I'm considering blackberries
and currants and plums. Anyone out there have similar situation?
When I lived in northern California I remember visiting a young english
walnut orchard which doubled as an iris breeding business. It was a
brilliant and beautiful use of unused rich soil. Minnesota Del Z2/3

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ujOgTC/4m7CAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM