nafex - Re: [nafex] Photos of zone 2/3 orchard

  • From: Phil Norris <COUSINPHIL@ACADIA.NET>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Photos of zone 2/3 orchard
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 21:15:43 -0400

Bernie,

Very impressive website! One of the nicest I have seen. Great
photos and interesting captions. If you are as good a grower as you
are a graphic designer, you'll have a great orchard one of these days.

As for Spartan surviving and bearing for the last three years....I
think we may be experiencing a climate shift. Just fifteen years ago
the temperature here in coastal Maine got down to -20 F pretty
regularly. But now it never gets below -10 F. Of course this
winter could prove me wrong.............

Phil Norris
East Blue Hill Maine Z4 (or maybe Z5!)

>While I'm strictly a hobbyist at apple growing, I thought some fellow
>Nafexers, especially northern growers, might want to see my orchard webpage.
>Just click on 2000 to see photos from last year, and 2001 to click on photos
>from this year. The "Apple Notes" section has some information on ultra
>hardy rootstocks and cultivars.
>http://plaza.powersurfr.com/bernie/apple_notes.html
>
>Bernie Nikolai
>Edmonton, Alberta

>4) Include only pertinent comments/questions when replying to a
>posting and NOT the entire message (especially if the initial
>posting was large).

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!