nafex - [nafex] Re: Here's to disease-prone, noncommercial old varieties! - Kaga plum

  • From: dwoodard@becon.org
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Re: Here's to disease-prone, noncommercial old varieties! - Kaga plum
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 07:36:21 -0000

A couple of people I talked to some years ago told me that Kaga plum
takes about 8 years to come into bearing and then does very well. One
such tree was at Ste.-Anne-de-la-Pocatiere in Quebec.

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada

--- In nafex@y..., "John Van Hazinga" <vanhaz@g...> wrote:

> Was wondering how you northeast plum growers fare with Kaga.
> Supposed to be perfect pollinator for Superior but
> has scarcely flowered the past two years and set no friut. One
> Nafex friend 30 miles south says his does OK but fruit tends to
> split as ripening.

The Nissan Sentra
Everything but compact
http://NissanDriven.com