nafex - Re: [nafex] Sweet 16 Seedling

  • From: Joe and Ellen Hecksel <jhecksel@voyager.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Sweet 16 Seedling
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 04:31:15 -0400

Gordon Nofs wrote:

> Joe
> I did not get any of your wind, and very little rain yesterday.

We got about two inches of rain. The wind was so strong it flattened
the cooling towers at the power plant five miles up the road.

>But as for
> that tree I think I would sink it into the ground and let it go dormant
> using it's own reserves, then cut dormant wood. But I would also try other
> methods as well. One I would cut scion and stick some in the ground up to
> one bud. Then hope that some would callus over the winter and leaf out next
> year. I sure would protect it from varmints. Have you ever tried greenwood
> tip grafting. I could send you the info by e-mail.

Why don't you post the directions to the group? Roger Miller showed me
how to do greenwood tip grafting a few years ago, but I might have
forgotten something important. I do remember him making a big deal of
wrapping the entire graft *snuggly* with plastic wrap.

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/MDsVHB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM