nafex - [nafex] Paulared anti-bash

  • From: "victoria l. caron" <vicaron@gis.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Paulared anti-bash
  • Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 12:36:41 +0000

I know I said a lot of negative things about Paulared this spring and
most of them still stand, especially concerning the tree. I've now
decided that I could give it a few more points for flavor and crispness
"THIS" year anyway.
Every year my husband and I do a week long exhibit - eight stoves w/some
burning - at the County Fair to get leads for the coming season. One
morning before leaving there were a dozen or so Paulareds on the ground
following a bad storm. I picked them up, polished them, put them in a
bowl and set them on the edge of the exhibit to snack on. People kept
stopping to ask if we were selling apples. A few just picked them out of
the bowl without asking and kept on up the midway! So the next two
mornings, Sunday & Monday, I picked them a bushel and set them out in
two bowls of $1 and 50-75 cents. Paulared can get pretty large and the
perfect large ones were $1 each, all the rest 50-75 cents. While folks
had a choice of price, most chose to pay the $1. It was nice to hear the
praise and the snap/crunch as people bit into them.
So, a few more points for Paulared, maybe next year I'll take them back!

vic NH zone 3

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!