nafex - [nafex] apple identification 101

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] apple identification 101
  • Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 17:31:27 +0000

I finally beat the local kids to a 'barnyard tree' that I was given scion
wood from, and picked a couple apples.. The scions took well and are some of
my best growing new trees. It shows litle disease or insect damage, has
survived minus 55F and still happily produces apples.
Ive loaded two pics of these apples (may not be quite ripe) into the nafex
home site <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nafex> under files and named
'appleI.D.a.jpg', and b.
I thought this might be an oportunity first hand to see how experienced
nafexers do a aple I.D., if anyone cares to try. I don't know the meaning of
words like "sub-acid", so thought this would be a start.

while your'e at the nafex site look at the other two pics I just sent called
'budgraft1.jpg', and 2. Read my next post for description. Thanks! Mn.Del

The Nissan Sentra
Everything but compact
http://NissanDriven.com
http://us.click.yahoo.com/3vsIKC/txlCAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM