nafex - [nafex] Re: irrrigation systems

  • From: "Robert H." <lostman_amiga@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Re: irrrigation systems
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 18:14:47 -0000

--- In nafex@y..., "Greg Miller" <gsmiller@c...> wrote:

> I use both individual emitters (for trees) and drip tape (berries and
> garden), although I would consider using drip tape for all of it. A
> good source for materials is Dripworks. You can request a
> catalog at www.dripworksusa.com. There is a book I don't have
> access to at the moment that is pretty good about drip irrigation,
> even though it puts in a dig about NAFEX--what book are you
> using? I'll try to get you the name of this book which also has a
> fairly basic discussion of evapotranspiration (so you can figure out
> how much water to apply.)
>
> 1. Timers are nice.
> 2. You MUST have a filter on any driip system. I would
> recommend a 200 mesh filter.
> 3. There are a variety of flow rates. The selection of these can
> vary based on soil, whether you're on a pump or water system,
> and other factors.
> 4. MULCH is helpful with or without drip irrigation, and will keep the
> water where you want it better.
>
> Greg Miller
> Zone6
> Spokane, WA

Thanx everyone for all the info! The book I have is "Water Gardening Systems"
by Sunset publishing. It a basic introduction to all forms on water systems
and
info on soil/water dynamics and conservation. Its pretty good for getting
your `feet wet' so to speak. I will need to look into it further, but this
may be my next big project for the early spring. I need to start compiling a
group
of questions for the big NAFEX meeting. I guess this will be one.