nafex - Re: [nafex] Re: northern apricots

  • From: davidu9999@aol.com
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Re: northern apricots
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 18:16:07 EDT

Del,

I have had the best success with peaches and plums by planting immediately
after ripening in a protected bed (protected from varmints). Good
germination the following spring. Also try some in a bag of moist peat until
this fall and plant them then. T.O. Warren told me that if you let them dry,
they will some up the second spring. Never tried it tho'.

David Ulmer
Sebastopol, CA
Zone 8-9

p.s. if you have a few seed of the apricot, I would like to try them here.