nafex - [nafex] early crop

  • From: fruity08559@yahoo.com
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] early crop
  • Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 01:24:35 -0000

I just harvested a bumper crop of Imp. Epineuse plums. This 8/1
harvest is 4-5weeks earlier than the books say it should be. Since
this is the first year of fruit I wonder if I have the correct
cultivar or if the crop can come so early. This Spring was not early.
The growing season was near perfect- but can the crop come so early?
I have many plum trees but am relatively new at growing fruit.
To further befuddle me other cultivars are not early: The Stanley
looks to be several weeks off. My Waneta & Superior need another
week or two.
My Peaches& Apples look only a week or two early.
I can see it is a good year all around but can a crop of plums
come in 4-5 weeks early? I should say that I am in central N J.
Zone 6 Thanks for any help.
Chris Duffy Stockton, NJ

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!