nafex - Re: [nafex] salt, off topic

  • From: Ginda Fisher <ginda@concentric.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] salt, off topic
  • Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 14:07:53 -0400

My father once treated a man with a weird genetic disease that leads to
too much iron. The diagnosis was tricky (because it's rare and weird)
but the treatment was simple - regular bloodletting.

Unfortunately, the Red Cross doesn't accept blood donations from people
with this condition.

Ward Barnes wrote:

> >Yes Tom, like cholesterol, for example. Next checkup, never mind the
> >cholesterol test, ask to be tested for homocysteine and iron overload, esp
> > >the latter.
>
> According to the American Red Cross if you find that you have too much iron
> in your body the easy way to get it to normal is to donate blood on a
> regular basis.
>
> Ward.

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!