nafex - Re: [nafex] Kaolin Clay

  • From: hector black <hblack@TWLakes.Net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Kaolin Clay
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 15:39:24 -0700

We tried it ("Surround") this year first time. The shipping cost almost as
much as the stuff itself, but we are very pleased with the results. It
doesn't kill - it discourages - and quite effectively. Needs to be
replenished every 10 days. Fruit needs to have it washed off, so it isn't
good for tender berries like raspberries. It has helped greatly with
apples - our first unblemished organic apples ; grapes - the Japanese
beetles really don't like being when the clay is. It doesn't clog sprayers
either. We used it to keep away beetles on the raspberries until the fruit
started to form. The orchard looks a bit weird with white leaved trees, but
I understand that photosynthesis is not disturbed and it can help with
cooling the plant.
Hector Black, zone 6 middle TN