nafex - [nafex] Just a second Doreen

  • From: fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Just a second Doreen
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 20:51:55 -0000

Doreen wrote:

I have a large strawberry patch filled with everbearers and day
neutrals--all planted in April. I removed all the
flowers from the first
flush in late May and have snapped off runners, too,
forcing multiple crown
production. The technique worked great, and now I am
being rewarded with a
full bed of huge plants that are flowering like crazy
and setting fruit.

My reply:

Huh, what do you want multiple crowns for again? Do they improve your
production? When I renovate my beds I usually cut off the multiple
crowns and push the old crowns a bit deeper. Otherwise things seem s
a bit crowded. But I am open to knew ideas.

fluf