nafex - [nafex] Re: Chipmunks Go Awry in Berry Patch

  • From: fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Re: Chipmunks Go Awry in Berry Patch
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 20:48:46 -0000

Doreen wrote:

What are my options? Do you think the bird netting will keep them
out? If I put it up, though, the bees can't get to the flowers. Any
suggestions?

My reply:

????? What type of netting are you using that keeps bees away? I
have always been amazed at our bumblebees ability to fly between the
little squares. They appear larger then the hole, bu they just sort
of hold in the wings and drop through at my place. I watched them
for quite a time one afternoon. (ut oh, I just gave more credance to
the point that Nafexers are flakes :)

Anyway, I have yet to meet a "real dog" that does not absolutely love
to crunch and munch chipmunks. Heck in the summer I don't think we
ever had to feed old sarge. Between his love of apples, pears,
mulberries and chipmunks I don't recall him eating much dry food. I
can't ever recall anything in the yard but a few tree rats, and he got
his fair share of those also.

I vote for borrowing a dog.

You might also try baiting a 5 gallon pail set in the ground a foot or
so with peanut butter and providing a ramp up to the rim. I recall
they like peanut butter.

Wishing you the best,

The fluffy one (who is 2-0 against squirrels with
his new wrist rocket sling
shot...)