nafex - [nafex] bud 118 and stooling

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] bud 118 and stooling
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 16:47:50 -0000

2 of my 20 b118 grafts failed and have sent up a number of shoots about 8"
long. It just occurred to me that if I'm lucky perhaps the shoots could be
induced to grow roots. Today I piled up dirt aroung the shoot bases.
Last year I did this in the spring to several prunus americana and had zip
results. Anyone know particulars about b118? Would some form of scarring or
stimulant help? Peat moss that much better? Just too late in season? thanks
del