nafex - RE: [nafex] Re: So what is the point?

  • From: Tom Volkening <volkenin@mail.lib.msu.edu>
  • To: "'nafex@yahoogroups.com'" <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: RE: [nafex] Re: So what is the point?
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 11:13:48 -0400

Tom,
I would agree that Pomona is not NAFEX but it is a benefit members receive and has value.  I am a librarian and was curious about any libraries owning Pomona so did somesearching to see if I could find any libraries that own issues of Pomona .  I  found that at least 21 libraries(including the National Agriculture Library in the U.S) in North America that own at least some issues of Pomona.  I did not have time to check the catalogs of all the libraries to see what issues of Pomona each library owns but I did check the catalog of Cornell and it looks like they are still receiving issues of Pomona and have most of the back issues.   I also looked at some online agriculture databases and found that they have indexed some of the articles in Pomona so it is possible to retrieve citations to articles in Pomona and get copies of the articles.  I will say that most of the articles I located were from 1981 and earlier.

Tom Volkening
Engineering Library
1515 Engineering Building
Michigan State University