nafex - Re: [nafex] After Graft - Apple ?

  • From: "H.Dessureault" <inter.verbis@atreide.net>
  • To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] After Graft - Apple ?
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 10:17:49 -0400

Hi Tom,
I have seen this before, the growth being stronger that the scion grafted. You see this also sometimes on trees, where a branch starts to grow very strongly. This is due to a sudden surge of sap. I interpret your volunteer apple to be a wild seedling. It may be more vigourous than the tree where the scion came from. It will balance itself eventually. There is always some adaptation required for a scion to grow on a new tree. I would consider the situation you described as a good sign.
Hélène,