nafex - Re: [nafex] Arbor, Grape Training

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Arbor, Grape Training
  • Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2001 08:58:36 -0700

Train three trunks from each vine, if you can. In your climate that will
give you insurance if you get a cold winter that could kill or injure the
vine. If a shoot doesn't reach all the way the first year, cut it back to
two buds and start it over so the trunk will be straight - crooked trunks
produce more suckers that must be removed.
-Lon Rombough