nafex - Re: [nafex] GBA

  • From: "Gianni" <GIANNI-2@prodigy.net>
  • To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] GBA
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 10:01:44 -0400

Hi Tom:

Good query.
Sitting at the table with the older paisan's to hear of a process back in the old country of using manure
and seaweed to promote cuttings and propagation and reconstitution of seed was what had got me interested
into this. I am unaware of the specific concentrations of each particular element or mineral and whether it's present in
higher availability in specific laminaria's or ascophyllum's. Have to be honest, it's beyond my scope.
And in a case where you may have a valuable (to you or whomever) lot of seed, I would say yes, go strait for the juggler
and get some from the crfg because the expense is enormous and a friend from crfg once happened to tell me that they
buy it in a large quantity for the membership because it is cost prohibitive. I do know that they use it to re-introduce viability in seed if that seed that has become suspect, especially in citrus that once dried well....
Wish I had more.... Sorry

Best of growing,
~Gianni