nafex - Re: [nafex] Article about peaches and nectarines

  • From: "Betty Mayfield" <bmayfield@columbia-center.org>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Article about peaches and nectarines
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 21:07:00 -0700

An interesting article. I particularly noticed the remark about the
Crawford peach, "intense, classically rich flavor." I have heard it
referred to in the Pacific Northwest also. The late James Beard, a Portland
native, wrote about the Crawford harvest in the fall, and I have talked
with people who could remember the early years of the 20th century and said
the Crawford was the greatest for flavor.

Betty Mayfield