nafex - [nafex] I have red leaves on my grape cuttings.

  • From: "Helga and Bert Dunn" <helbert@idirect.com>
  • To: "growwine" <growwine@kawartha.com>, <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Cc: <carl.kimmett@sympatico.ca>
  • Subject: [nafex] I have red leaves on my grape cuttings.
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 20:20:27 -0400

Hello all
I am unable to offer advice on the following e-mail from Carl .
I have similar happening on only one of the 30 odd varieties of cuttings I'm
growing this year . Two out of 4 healthy rooted cuttings of this hybrid are
turning maple leaf red
The affected variety is a new hybrid cuttings I received from the praries in
Dec 2,000 so it should have nil to do with Carl's problem .
My cuttings have not been subjected to frost, fluctuations in heat, and have
only been watered with rain water- Carl wondered if any of these three items
was contributory to his/my problem
Can anyone assist Carl and myself with why? how to remedy?
many thanks Bert

Bert Dunn RR4 Tottenham Ont zone 4b
www.hardygrapes.tottenham.on.ca

see also http://www.littlefatwino.com/bertslist.html