nafex - Re: [nafex] trees not leafing out

  • From: "victoria l. caron" <vicaron@gis.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] trees not leafing out
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 13:53:58 +0000

I've had this happen once to an Early Cort apple tree. The advice I followed
then was to keep the tree from drying out by misting it daily to hopefully
help keep the buds soft enough to pop. It took a good part of that summer for
it to leaf out to maybe 50%. It took about three years to recover from what
was assumed to be freeze damage caused by the second frost in mid Oct. or 15F
after a warm fall in '96.
vic NH zone 3