nafex - Re: [nafex] I need some thoughts

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] I need some thoughts
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 14:27:11 -0000

Dear Fluff, how's about hop-horn-beam-ironwood, its like bean poles in our
maple bush, can't find a tougher stronger wood. As far as purty goes, most
any tree at that young age will be all white sap wood. Because of its
cross-grain nature it's miserable to drawknife though--which makes it so
good and knarly tough. Mn.D