nafex - Re: [nafex] Re: (Fwd) Sea Buckthorn,Blue Honeysuckle, Magnolia Vine (J. Van Hazi

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Re: (Fwd) Sea Buckthorn,Blue Honeysuckle, Magnolia Vine (J. Van Hazi
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 21:21:52 -0700

There's at least one reason the blue honeysuckle doesn't set well -
pollination. It blooms so early there isn't much of anything out to
pollinate it. I know someone doing research on it and that seems to be one
of the major hangups - the blooms come out very early and can take a fair
amount of cold, but no insects have come out as early as it blooms.
-Lon Rombough