nafex - [nafex] Cherries are not rabbit favorite

  • From: edforest55@hotmail.com
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Cherries are not rabbit favorite
  • Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 12:11:34 -0000

Can't say about prunus and mice but thought someone might want to
know about prunus and rabbits:
I had an enclosed area hammered by rabbits last winter, I had
probably twenty different fruit and nut species and only three
escaped rabbit damage, the rest were annihilated. They are vitis,
ribes, and prunus cerasifera (gisela rootstock, this was the only
cherry I had in that area, it was the only tree among about a
thousand all around it that didn't get even as much as a nibble). My
plums, both Jap/Am and Euro were eaten to the ground as well as
apricots.
(I don't get mice damage usually since I use six inch tree guards)
Kevin B

Clubmom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating
Moms! Join today - it's free - and get a free year-long subscription
for Parents magazine - just for being a Mom!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/BVVVCC/YKfCAA/OZ8EAA/VTJVlB/TM