nafex - [nafex] Scree Gardening?

  • From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Scree Gardening?
  • Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 21:39:50 -0400

Hello All,

Has anyone done any work with scree gardens? I just learned the term myself,
and a scree garden is one grown in gravel.

Why I ask, is that I have an old cattle loading corral to keep some fruit
seedling in, and part of the corral has a good layer of gravel. At first I
thought I would have to dig out all the gravel, then I started hearing about
growing in gravel (a scree garden).

The claim they need less water (basicly never), and are easy to keep weed
free.

Anyone done any scree gardening, or tried it with fruit?

Thanks,
Tom
--
Thomas Olenio
Ontario, Canada

Clubmom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating
Moms! Join today - it's free - and get a free year-long subscription
for Parents magazine - just for being a Mom!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/BVVVCC/YKfCAA/OZ8EAA/VTJVlB/TM