nafex - Re: [nafex] Bentonite Clay

  • From: "H.Dessureault" <inter.verbis@atreide.net>
  • To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Bentonite Clay
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 21:09:31 -0400

I saw a television documentary last Sunday on orchard maintenance and the person doing the pruning demonstration was using bentonite clay diluted in water to cover pruning cuts instead of paint or shellac.
There was no mention of the dilution used per se. It was applied with a paint brush and the clayish liquid was running along the tree.
I don't see why not.
Here, it's been very warm suddenly and I had to cut branches yesterday. Today, I saw that the cuts had dried up unusually fast. I could or should have used something like clay.
Hélène, zone 3