nafex - Re: [nafex] after care for graft-lings

  • From: "Mills Apple Farm" <millsapl@fgi.net>
  • To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] after care for graft-lings
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 08:26:58 -0500

Tom's point is well taken. Don't EVER run livestock in an orchard if there
is even a remote possibility of using dropped apples for cider or any other
purposes. Our industry was almost destroyed in 1996 by folks who did....
Statistically, the risk is not very great, but in today's supersensitive
environment, the publicity from one isolated incident will be enough to
nail the lid on the coffin of a severly decreased cider industry.
Jerry Mills, southern Illinois grower and cider maker..