nafex - [nafex] Crandall Currants

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Crandall Currants
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 18:38:39 -0400 (EDT)

Hello All,

I put in some Crandall currants last year and I cannot say enough good
about these ribes.

They grew from bare root plants, into 3', small shrubs in just 1 years
time. And too my amazement, they are flowering this year, and will bear
fruit.

Fantastic upright habit, and nice shape.

I got mine from Bert Dunn, who is a member of NAFEX and runs a hardy
grapes nursery in Tottenham, Ontario. It was great a great experience
doing business with Bert.

Is it uncommon for Crandall currants to do so well, coming out of the
gate?

Thanks,

Tom

--
Thomas Olenio
Ontario, Hardiness Zone 6a

ClubMom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating
Moms! Join today - it's free - and get your chance to win
http://us.click.yahoo.com/wq6iUD/TFaCAA/OZ8EAA/VTJVlB/TM