nafex - Re: Apple-Crop: Stolen trees

  • From: "Dr. Chiranjit Parmar" <parmarch@vsnl.com>
  • To: "Apple-Crop" <apple-crop@virtualorchard.net>
  • Subject: Re: Apple-Crop: Stolen trees
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 12:58:18 -0400

I am really wondering on this discussion. I though that trees were stolen
in India only.

But than god that our farmers have one advantage. There are two planting
seasons here. The ervergreens are planted with a large earthball around the
roots during the rainy season. These do not get stolen as the pulled out
plants usually die. The deciduous trees are planted bare rooted during
winter. These are taken away.

I shall tell about it to my orchardist friends who will feel elated to know
that they are at par with US orchardists atleast in this practice.

Regards,

Dr. Chiranjit Parmar
Horticultural Consultant on Lesser Known Indian Fruits
http://www.lesserknownplants.com