nafex - Re: [nafex] Irish Peach Apple

  • From: "victoria l. caron" <vicaron@gis.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Irish Peach Apple
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 13:36:27 +0000

Your welcome Claude,
Here goes... no, I do not agree. There's that personal opinnion again! Maybe
the growing conditions make the difference.
While I don't recall that particular comment by Beach, I will say that
Duchess ripens here close to Transparent. The Peach ripens close to
Dudley about a month later. When the Peach apples are starting to come in,
Duchess has gone by.
That's as far as I disagree. The Peach is a favorite of mine, but it is
really hard to beat a Duchess in season - fresh or cooked. They are
great for sauce, many think better than Transparent. Pies are just a point or
so under Gravenstien.
I think they are aptly named, the Peach is a peach but when all is said and
done, the Duchess is in a class by itself.
vic zone 3 NH.

Claude Jolicoeur wrote:

> A 09:46 01.04.26 +0000, vous avez écrit :
> >
> >Being acquainted with both the Irish Peach and the Peach Apple of
> Montreal, I can say positively that these are not the same apple.
>
> Vic,
> Thanks for the clarification.
> Could you tell us a little more on your personnal opinion on these apples?
> Beech in Apples of YN tells us that Montreal Peach is inferior to Duchess
> (Oldenburg) which is same season - do you agree?
> Thanks,
> Claude

ClubMom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating
Moms! Join today - it's free - and get your chance to win
http://us.click.yahoo.com/wq6iUD/TFaCAA/OZ8EAA/VTJVlB/TM