nafex - Re: [nafex] Re: frost

  • From: Sam Franc <franc@oregonfast.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Re: frost
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 09:00:32 -0700

Oregon coast-8a
No frost here in a long time. Practically none this winter.
Probably not enough degree days for good crops on fruit.
Plums have all bloomed.
Peach and apricots too.
Daffodills are all fading away.
Pears have been in bloom for quite a while.
The early apples are in full bloom.
Late apples and late pears are still not pushing blossoms
Early Rhodies are in full bloom.
Kiwi new growth is about 6 inches.
Blueberries are in full bloom.
Filberts are leafed out but the chestnuts are still waiting.
The robins have been cruising the lawns for some time and the swallows
are flitting overhead for bugs. Will be building nests soon.
Have had the first rhubarb pie of the season.
I am sure the drought is going to affect us this year.
Only half the usual rain and the dry season is coming up.
The people with margiinal wells are going to go dry this year for sure.
It is spring!
Sam

ClubMom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating
Moms! Join today - it's free - and get your chance to win
http://us.click.yahoo.com/wq6iUD/TFaCAA/OZ8EAA/VTJVlB/TM