nafex - Re: [nafex] pleached fences

  • From: jhecksel@voyager.net
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] pleached fences
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 06:25:11 -0400

Hi all

One of the downsides of pleached fences is going to be disease
transmission. Not only fireblight, but any virus that happens along.

Suggest using seedlings of most resistant cultivars available. Example:
apples, Golden Delicious, Spartan, Mac, Red Delicious, Priscilla,
NovaEasyGro, Dolgo, native crab species. Pears: Asian cv, Potomac,
Maxine, etc.

One feature that appeals to me is that one can fruit out a large number
of seedlings. To me, that is the essence of fruit exploring.

Joe
Eaton Rapids, Michigan

ClubMom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating
Moms! Join today - it's free - and get your chance to win
http://us.click.yahoo.com/wq6iUD/TFaCAA/OZ8EAA/VTJVlB/TM