nafex - [nafex] Specific email commands for NAFEX list

  • From: "Greg Miller" <gsmiller@cet.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Specific email commands for NAFEX list
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 22:27:31 -0800

Nell Lancaster had the instructions for how to manipulate
subscription commands for the NAFEX list. For those who want
even more specific instructions, here are the EXACT instructions to
use for this list. BTW, these commands are essentially unchanged
(except for the service provider since the list was onelist.com then
egroups.com and now yahoogroups.com). The general rule of
thumb is "NAFEX comes first", then a dash, then the command,
then the service (yahoogroups.com.)

I used to have these commands on the footer of each message,
which pretty much weren't read based on the direct requests for
mail holds, unsubscribes, etc. In other words, those who needed
to read them, didn't. The classic example was when I sent the
instructions out as individual messages, only to get a sarcastic
reply "Hey, we just got that message yesterday!" Two days later
he sent me a manual request to unsubscribe him! Geesh!

Anyway, here's the list of commands, specifically for the NAFEX
list.

To join the NAFEX Group, send a blank message to:

nafex-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

To unsubscribe from the NAFEX Group, send a blank message to:

To put your email message delivery on hold for a group,
send a blank message to:

nafex-nomail@yahoogroups.com

To change your subscription to daily digest mode, send a blank
message to:

nafex-digest@yahoogroups.com

To change your subscription to individual emails, send a blank
message to:

nafex-normal@yahoogroups.com

To receive general help information, send a blank message to:

nafex-help@yahoogroups.com

For those who forget (which all of us do from time to time) you can
still send me a message, but it will definitely be slower than the
email method, as I may be on vacation, busy with other things, etc.

Greg Miller

Teach your child to read with Hooked on Phonics!
Hooked on Phonics is easy for parents, fun for
children and highly recommeded by educators.
Discover why over 2 million families have purchased
Hooked on Phonics to help their children succeed.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/oPDEUD/mfYCAA/OZ8EAA/VTJVlB/TM