nafex - [nafex] how to manage yahoogroups by email commands

  • From: "Nell Lancaster" <nlancaster@rockbridge.net>
  • To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] how to manage yahoogroups by email commands
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 10:40:49 -0400

Hi all,

If you don't want to join yahoo-groups at the web site, which there are
sound reasons not to do, it's still possible to make changes by email.
I've set my browser not to allow cookies, so can't enjoy any of the
features that are available only through the website (like the archives),
but it's nice to know I can subscribe and unsubscribe, set to digest form,
etc. Here are the commands:

----------

Many members of Yahoo! Groups have limited web access but still
enjoy using our service via email. The following are email
commands:

To join a Group, send a blank message to:
groupname-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

To unsubscribe from a Group, send a blank message to:

To put your email message delivery on hold for a group,
send a blank message to:
groupname-nomail@yahoogroups.com

To change your subscription to daily digest mode, send a
blank message to:
groupname-digest@yahoogroups.com

To change your subscription to individual emails, send a
blank message to:
groupname-normal@yahoogroups.com

To receive general help information, send a blank message
to:
groupname-help@yahoogroups.com

Please Note: Make sure to replace "groupname" in the above
commands with the actual name of the Group (e.g.,
nafex-subscribe@yahoogroups.com).

Nell Lancaster, Lexington, Virginia USDA zone 6b foothills of Blue Ridge

Teach your child to read with Hooked on Phonics!
Hooked on Phonics is easy for parents, fun for
children and highly recommeded by educators.
Discover why over 2 million families have purchased
Hooked on Phonics to help their children succeed.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/oPDEUD/mfYCAA/OZ8EAA/VTJVlB/TM