nafex - Re: [nafex] Re: Ultra-Northern Pecans - in Minnesota?!

  • From: "Gordon Nofs" <gc_nofs@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Re: Ultra-Northern Pecans - in Minnesota?!
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 11:15:50 -0500

My Hardy Pecans are small, some up to 1 1/2 inches. But they crack out
whole, thin shell, very tasty. Like I was told once when a person said they
are awful small, Doc Goldner replied to the person "Yeah, but there is as
much and more there than in filberts"
Flint, Michigan
Gordon
Subject: [nafex] Re: Ultra-Northern Pecans - in Minnesota?!
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 08:43:23 -0600

He stated that their was a lot of pecans in his area
>but they were small (about small marble size, a little longer) for the
holidays and I ask this gentleman where he lived He stated South Eastern
Minnesota

I found a tree here in Tennessee with pecans about this small, and found
they cracked out very neatly, with none of the problems of shell hung in
folds or nutmeats breaking up. The folds were very tight, there was no
wasted space inside. I thought they would be worth having, and certainly
the owners of the tree thought so, they said they collect them every year.
It was a BIG tree. Donna

http://us.click.yahoo.com/03IJGA/DMUCAA/4ihDAA/VTJVlB/TM