nafex - Re: [nafex] Re: Elaeagnus family (how to approach unknown plants)

  • From: Don Yellman <dyellman@earthlink.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Re: Elaeagnus family (how to approach unknown plants)
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 10:07:56 -0500

Robert: I think if I had this plant I would just step back and enjoy it for a
while. There is normally some objective in mind before one goes out to
graft, hand-pollinate or otherwise manipulate a plant. (Ready, fire, aim.)
How are your other extensive planting plans proceeding? I hope I was able to
prevail on you to scale back a little on the numbers of plants lest they
become too crowded. Having planted a somewhat unusual fruiting bush, you are
already a certified fruit explorer. Study up on Eleagnus, and exchange
experiences with other growers. But let your little bush grow peacefully for
now.
Best Regards, Don Yellman, Great Falls, VA

http://us.click.yahoo.com/03IJGA/DMUCAA/4ihDAA/VTJVlB/TM